Sunday, February 21, 2010

DIgital Nation Part 2

During this part of the documentary i found it very interesting that so many people played video games the way that these people did. When I saw the people meeting at the convention I was shocked to learn how much of their day they spend playing video games. Some of those people even met their future husbands/wives through the game.

The other interesting part of this video was to see the way large companies such as IBM are using virtual world to set up meetings. They are basically running their whole business though this internet program. I had briefly heard about virtual world before but had no idea it was as elaborate as it was shown here. I feel that it is not a professional way to run a business. I think that face to face meetings are still appropriate and if that can not be done than there is still video conferencing through video chats and conference lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment