Sunday, March 21, 2010

Making Wikipedia Better

The first article I found to be under developed was an article for the term Automated Measurement Lineups. There was a brief definition of the meaning of AML but there was no further information. I found it to be a fairly easy concept to grasp but I knew that it would be a lot easier to understand if there were more examples or even pictures so that people could have visuals of this concept. I currently have edited the article, providing more information and sources and I am just waiting to see if any part of the article I contributed to made it on.

I did the same with the following two terms:Average Hours- this was a term used to determine the "average hours" of television watched per household, per person, per week, per year. I found no articles on Wikipedia for this term so I created one and started the page by adding statistics and a brief definition. It has been left open for others to post information from what I originally started. Rate Card- This was the last term I researched. It has to do with the amount an advertiser pays for a commercial, basically a chart of how they will be charged. This was also not developed so I added some information into Wikipedia.

I saved the before articles and will keep checking Wikipedia to see if my contributions have been posted. I will keep my blog updated during the process with the results.

1 comment: